- Have you had a fall in or out of the home in the past year?
- Do you use a cane or a walker because of unsteadiness?
- Are you unsteady when walking up and down stairs, especially without a railing?
- 25% of Americans aged 65+ fall each year
- Every 11 seconds, an aging adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall
- Every 19 minutes, an older adult dies from a fall
The alarming statistics show that fall prevention is extremely important for healthy aging, and is vital to prevent the pain and suffering that occurs after a fall and/or hospitalization. Even if you have not had a life-threatening fall, chances are you may have limited your activities or social engagements because of a lack of confidence in your physical strength.
Social isolation and depression from missing time with your family members should never be a result that you are comfortable with. Many adults just accept weakness and decreased balance as a normal part of aging, but that is not a fate you have to accept. At Optimal Recovery & Therapy, we challenge you to participate in our balance training to reduce your fall risk and keep your social life stronger than ever.Benefits of Balance Training:
- Reduce fall risk along with the risk of dealth from a potential fall
- Build physical strength and reduce pain levels
- Improve overall flexibility throughout the body
- Receive an individual exercise plan to perform between sessions
- Avoid restricting your social life because of physical weakness
- Recovery faster from injuries and reduce chance of reinjuring yourself
- Receive sessions at home, at your gym, or outside at your local park as weather permits!