- Are you having more difficulty getting in and out of the shower or bathtub?
- Has an injury made it harder for you to put on or remove your clothes?
- Have everyday activities such as writing or using a fork to eat become more difficult or painful?
Occupational therapy treatments include:
- Helping children and adults with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations,
- Helping people recovering from injuries such as a stroke or rotator cuff tears regain fine motor skills,
- Providing support for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes common with aging.
- An evaluation, during which you, your family and an occupational therapist determine your goals,
- Customized treatment and exercises to improve your ability to perform daily activities and reach your goals, and
- An updated evaluation to ensure that your goals are being met and/or make changes to your treatment plan.
- A comprehensive examination and treatment based on your home environment, school setting, or workplace.
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment (such as a raised toilet seat or shower chair) and training in its use, and guidance and education for your family members and caregivers.
Call (844) 313-2246 or click on the link below to set up a free phone or video consultation, so we can see if Occupational Therapy is right for you!